Saturday, November 22, 2008

8 Things To Do With Kids On A Cold Saturday

8 Things to Do with your Kids on a Cold Saturday -Make paper snowflakes and hang them from the windows -Make cookies -If there's snow, go tobogganing -Ice Skating at a local arena -Visit the Library -Go for Car Ride (yeah gas has dropped!) -Write a letter or make a card for a relative and send it in the mail -Videotape your kids playing or doing something silly Saturdays have been family fun days for our family ever since I came across the concept from Flylady. I go through the week so engrossed in work and housekeeping that I don't always get to spend as much time as I'd like with my daughter. So now I make sure that on Saturdays we do something fun and memorable. Today I'm taking my kiddo to gymnastics and then we are going to the Nineteen Day Feast in the evening (This event is for Baha'is to get together to pray, consult, and eat -- a very nice way to spend an evening for us :) ) Last year, we spent many wintery Saturdays at the Ridgeway arena as Grace learned to skate for the first time. She was 2 1/2 and wore little trainer skates, the kind that strap on. She was really adorable all bundled up in her snowsuit waddling across the ice. When she saw the snow yesterday she asked me if we could go skating and she said "Don't you remember along time ago when we used to go skating? We can go again."So I guess it works. Family Fun Days do make for good memories! :)

No comments: